Remote learning during the COVID-19 response
Remote Learning Policy
The DfE have asked all schools to prepare a Remote Learning Policy and to clarify the procedure and provision for children in the event of absence caused by Covid 19.
We have created a clear and structured approach for online learning, and we are in the process of ensuring the children know how to log in, engage and complete the tasks set whilst on lockdown at home should that eventuality happen again.
The main stages of remote learning provision are:
- Stage 1: Any child who is absent because they are awaiting test results and the household is required to self-isolate for 10-14 days. The rest of their school bubble are attending school and taught as normal.
- Stage 2: Any child whose whole year group / bubble is not permitted to attend school because they, or another member of their bubble, have tested positive for Covid-19. (following advice form PHE and DfE)
- Stage 3: A child whose bubble/year group has closed due to whole school closure or whose class is on rotation due to staff shortages, or a local or national lockdown.
In the event of a child at Stage 1 we have a ‘Get Going Pack’ that will keep your child busy with learning activities for 2 – 3 days until the formal online curriculum can be activated. If a child gets a negative test result they return to school as usual and the online provision ceases to continue. This provision does not apply for standard sickness absence but only for Covid related illness or Covid symptoms.
For more information please see the document below.
Remote learning documents
How to access remote learning
To help you access all relevant online platforms for remote learning we have created some simple video guides on how to do it.
- How to log onto Google classroom
- How to use Google classroom
- How to upload to Google classroom
- How to log in to Mathletics
- How to use Mathletics
- How to log in to Spelling Shed
- How to use Spelling Shed
- How to log in to Times Table Rock Stars
- How to use Times Table Rock Stars
For the latest on the Covid procedures at Wallace Fields Junior School and links to Government guidelines go to https://www.wallacefields-jun.surrey.sch.uk/our-school/covid-procedures