Dream more, learn more, do more, become more.
At Wallace Fields Junior School our curriculum intent is to provide an exciting and creative curriculum that meets the needs of every child to prepare them to thrive in our rapidly changing world.
We aim to create learners whose brilliance is discovered, feel and treat others as equal, learn effectively with resilience, are inspired, are enthusiastic, and have vision. That every child matters as a citizen of the world and as an individual. These are our school values which underpin each part of our curriculum.
We believe all children can achieve.
We continue to develop and review our curriculum, which is driven by exciting topics, and texts, that are meaningful and relevant to our learners and that foster a love of learning. Our broad and balanced curriculum enables all children to access a diverse range of experiences to enhance their learning, where subject leads have planned and sequenced their subject curriculum to build on each child’s prior knowledge, developing and broadening their learning.
Knowledge and skills are purposefully structured to enable progression across each subject, year on year, whilst also allowing for children to apply their learning in an interconnected way across subjects.
Our curriculum is made exceptional by the creativity in which it is delivered. At Wallace Fields Juniors, we use every opportunity we can to enrich our curriculum through exciting experiences such as great topics, experimentation and exploration, workshops, special events, residential visits and school trips.
Our curriculum aims are:
- To provide a happy, safe and inspiring learning environment where every child can thrive and be the very best that they can be
- To engage each child through inspiring teaching which motivates and challenges
- To foster each child’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- To promote British values of democracy, the rule of law, liberty, resect and tolerance
- To instil a love of learning and growth mind set
- To nurture each child’s mental wellbeing and self-esteem
- To teach empathy skills to create a culture of kindness
- To provide an inclusive curriculum which enables all learners flourish
- To promote diversity through participation in experiences which develop understanding and respect of different cultures and religions
- To provide opportunities for children to make a positive contribution to their local community and as global citizens
- To offer a wide range of creative enrichment activities and experiences which give our children lifelong memories of their time at primary school
- To teach children to have the confidence and resilience to take on challenges so that they develop the independence needed to begin secondary school