Powers and Responsibilities of School Wallace Fields Junior School Council
The School Council at Wallace Fields Junior School is the voice of the children and each councillor is elected by their class to represent the needs, ideas and inspiration of the children.
School Council members are expected to:
- Brilliance: Bring along brilliant their ideas and those they have heard from their peers.
- Equality: Treat everyone with equal consideration
- Learn: Consider ideas and learn how best to deal with any problems
- Inspiration: To take peer inspiration and ideas and convey them to the council.
- Enthusiasm: Take their role seriously and get fully involved in meetings
- Vision: Look ahead to how decisions affect the future and what the school’s goals are.
- Every Pupil Matters: To listen to everyone’s view and consider them, including pupils, teachers and other councillors.
The school council expects the adults at Wallace Fields Junior School to:
- Respect the views of the School Council
- Carefully consider each of the school Council’s ideas and proposals
- Support the role and purpose of the School Council
On Wednesday 23rd March 2021 the school council were able to present their own questions to Mr Mollet, the Chair of WFJS school governors, in a live Zoom meeting. They were absolutely brilliant asking very important and interesting questions to discover the role and responsibilities of our school governors. We would like to thank Mr Mollet for giving up his time to meet them and answer all their questions with much detail. Please see the full interview below. The school council will be present this to their year groups week commencing 29th March 2021.
Chair of Governor interview
Please see below their previous achievements. Work is underway to update this document with their recent achievements.